Interested in writing for the Baptist Bulletin? Here’s a running list of topics that we think would interest our readers. If you are qualified and interested in writing, please consider developing a proposal using our Writer’s Guidelines, then email it to editor@BaptistBulletin.org.
Personal interest stories
The Baptist Bulletin is always looking for profiles on interesting people in GARBC churches. Who do you know that has an interesting ministry, job, or hobby or an unusual family situation? Who do you know that is active in Regular Baptist Chaplaincy, Generate, or one of our international partnerships?
- What to do when the media calls your church
- Sports chaplains
- Changing trends in the way we fund missionaries
- Interracial pastoral staffs
- Shaping your child’s worldview
- Church dropouts: why young adults leave the church
- The Greatest Generation: a retrospective on older church planters
- Is church for sissies: low male attendance
- Caregiving and the local church: shut-in, elderly, hospice
- Leading Bible studies in the corporate workplace
- Local and state Regular Baptist fellowships
- The role of women in the church
- Families, parenting, or marriage
- Prosperity gospel
- Sabbatarianism and Sunday worship
- A Baptist view of the Lord’s Supper
- The Lordship Salvation-Free Grace controversy
- Biblical multiethnic perspectives
- Practical answers to atheism
- History of the GARBC position on Bible translations
- Biblical manhood/womanhood issues
- Why is Wicca still popular?
- Capital punishment
Send Your Church’s News
Want to send news about your church’s event or ministry for the Soundbytes column of the Baptist Bulletin?
The Baptist Bulletin is the magazine of the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches—it’s a magazine about your church!
Each year we publish hundreds of articles about GARBC churches and people. You’ll find these in the Soundbytes section of the Baptist Bulletin and online at GARBC.org.
We are always excited to hear how God is working, so please consider writing a report about an event or a unique ministry at your church and submitting your report to soundbytes@BaptistBulletin.org.
- Tell us what happened. Include the basic Who, What, When, Where, and Why.
- Be a reporter. Interview people involved in the event or ministry. Write down the interesting parts of what they say. Ask people “why,” not just “what.”
- Focus on people. How did your event change the people who attended? Why was it important to your church? What were your leaders trying to accomplish?
- Get the names right. Who was important to the event? Did you forget anyone? Did you spell their names correctly and give their positions or ministries at your church?
- Keep it short. 300 words is good, or shorter.
- Run spell check!
- Send quality photos. Send your photos along with your report to soundbytes@BaptistBulletin.org. Make sure your photos are at least 2 MB.
Questions? Email soundbytes@BaptistBulletin.org.